What is "formal recruitment?"
During formal recruitment, women will have the opportunity to visit with members of each Panhellenic sorority during the course of two weekends to determine which offers the best fit. Women will begin by visiting all thirteen Panhellenic sororities and, through a mutual selection process, will eventually have narrowed down to three sororities before being matched with a sorority on the final day of recruitment. It is an exciting, emotional, and life-changing experience and, we cannot wait for you to find your place in our sisterhood.
Formal Recruitment: At a Glance
Dates: September 6-8 & September 13-15
Round 1: Meet all 12 Panhellenic sororities (spans over two days)
- September 6th @ 5-9:30 p.m. in Bowen-Thompson Student Union
- September 7th @ 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. in Bowen-Thompson Student Union
Round 2: Return to maximum of 9 sororities
- September 8th @ 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. in the sorority houses (don't worry, we will give you a nice break for lunch!)
Round 3: Return to maximum of 6 sororities
- Friday, September 13th, 4 p.m. - 11 p.m. in the sorority houses
Round 4: Return to maximum 3 sororities & bid signing
- Saturday, September 14th, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Various spaces on campus
Bid Day: Find out which sorority you're in!
- Sunday, September 15, 12 p.m. at Bowen-Thompson Student Union
Steps to participate in Formal Recruitment:
- Pay $13 fee by clicking on the "pay link" in the confirmation email you receive after registering
- Attend one of the Info Sessions offered (this is required to participate in recruitment)
- Ensure that you will be available for the entire recruitment process - exceptions will only be made for academic related purposes
SORORITY RECRUITMENT INFO SESSION TIME AND LOCATIONS:
Tuesday, August 27 at 9:15 p.m., Olscamp 117
Wednesday, August 28 at 9:15 p.m., Olscamp 117
Thursday, August 29 at 9:15 p.m., Olscamp 117
Monday, September 2 at 7:30 p.m., Olscamp 223
Tuesday, September 3 at 7:30 p.m. AND 9:15 p.m., Olscamp 223
Wednesday, September 4 at 7:30 p.m. AND 9:15 p.m., Olscamp 117
Thursday, September 5 at 7:30 p.m., Olscamp 117
After you have completed all of the steps to participate in formal recruitment, you will be contacted by your Recruitment Counselor or "Rho Gamma" to join your recruitment group. Rho Gamma's are upperclass sorority women who will serve as a mentor and guide for you throughout the entire process so that you can make the best decision for this lifelong commitment. Not only will you have them, but you will be in a group with many other women who will be going through the formal process with you.
Check out our Guide to Greeks for more information!
|Click here to email Lauren Barr||Click here to email Holly Grunn|
|Vice President of Recruitment||Panhellenic Advisor|