There are no public forms.
What is formal recruitment?
Joining a fraternity is easy. Formal recruitment will take you step by step. Sign-up on the form above and be ready for a great college experience!
Formal recruitment is the primary way to join a fraternity in the Fall. It is a step by step process that allows each participant the ability to see all 15 BG fraternities first-hand. The fraternities actually come to you!
Formal recruitment timetable
Dates: Monday, Aug. 26th through Thursday, Sept. 12th
Week 1: August 26-31; Getting involved
- Filled with philanthropies, where fraternities will put on events for charities in the Union Oval.
- You are encouraged to meet and talk with members from different fraternities. Ask questions!
- August 28th will be the first interest session. Attendance at one is required to join a fraternity. The session is about 30 minutes long and will start at 9:00 p.m. There will be six sessions offered throughout the process.
Weeks 2-3: September 1-12; investigate further
- Interest sessions will continue this week
- Sessions will be September 3rd, 5th and 10th at 9:00 p.m.
- Sessions will also be offered September 8th and 13th at 2:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 13: making the cuts
- You will rank your top 6 chapters
Saturday, Sept. 14: Round 1
- You will visit your top 6 chapters for 25 minutes each.
- Chapters will be in separate rooms in the Business Administration Building from Noon-5 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 15: Round 2
- You will have now selected your top 3 chapters and visit them for up to 45 minutes each.
- This will take place in the Business Administration Building from Noon-3 p.m.
Picking up your bids
- Fraternities will offer you a bid to join them, think of this as an invitation. The chapters will turn their offered bids in and you will be able to pick them up on Monday, September 16 and Tuesday, September 17 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. outside the Bookstore in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union.
- You will receive a sealed envelope with your bid(s) inside it.
Making your final decision
- You will turn in your top choice to Fraternity and Sorority Life by September 19th.
So, what do you do first?
- We know this may seem daunting but it really isn’t! Greeks are some of the most involved people on campus and will really open some doors for you.
- First you need to sign up. There is a link at the top of the page or click here.
- Second you must attend one of the interest sessions.
- And Finally be prepared to meet a lot of people, be flexible and be respectful. Ask lots of questions and find the chapter that’s right for you.
- Be sure you can attend the entire recruitment process as exceptions will only be made for academic related purposes.
Contact Dan Pesato at email@example.com or (440)-669-3713